Tuesday, October 26, 2004

phew....




Whoo hoo for the Red Sox! They are now up 3-0...and need just one more win to be the winners of the World Series. If that isn't irony, I don't know what is...

You know, when this game started...I had a bad feeling...but Boston delivered and have now won 7 games straight. So far, I have never watched a Boston game that they have lost. Pretty sweet, eh?

I think the Red Sox is an amazing ball club...and an amazing story. And you know what I noticed....something I have said before. The Boston team and fans...have faith and belief that seems to bring them to amazing situations. I noticed watching the fans tonight in St. Louis....as the game was slipping away. You could see it with the fans and with the players...a sense of them knowing that the game was out of their reach. I mean...it isn't a criticism..since it is such a natural thing. I can remember being an athlete in competition...and feeling the loss coming...and sometimes you accept the loss before the game is over.

It's what I love about Boston. They don't do that. They keep plugging away...keep hoping. The signs and chants saying "Keep The Faith" and "I Believe"...I truly believe aren't just words. Boston doesn't give up til the game is over.

One more game kids...one more game! Then, I can with complete certainty call myself the anti-curse. *snickers*