Sunday, October 24, 2004

Let's Go Red Sox!




phew...another great game...well, if you are a Red Sox fan! Two down...two more to go!

First of all, James Taylor singing the national anthem was just awesome. It's one of the best versions I have ever heard...and so classic James Taylor.

Curt Shilling is a god of pitching! He is just amazing...and seems to have the drive and determination...that should be admired. He was hurt and in pain, but he made St. Louis suffer because of it!

The game was just awesome.....awesome! And...I am still the self-proclaimed ANTI-CURSE!

You know...I am such a sports junkie. I get so into it. I have been a rabid basketball fan...both NBA and NCAA...forever. And as with most fans...when the game is on the line and I REALLY care who wins...watching the game is actually not enjoyabole at all. It's close to torture. If the team I am rooting for is ahead...I want the clock to speed up and the game to be over. If the team I want to win is losing, I want the clock to slow down...and give my team just one more chance.

Once the game is over...I feel great, but during it...I feel quite misreable. And of course...I believe...as stated above, that my actions can help or hinder the team. Tonight I started shaking my remote so it made a clicking noise...that went along with the Boston chants...and things seemed to go our way. And yep, I believe...in some unrational way, that it works. I believe enough to not even change jinxing it!

I know...I am insane...but then again, what true sports fan isn't!

*winks*

Let's Go Sox!!!

P.S. Sorry Sharon...well, in reality...I'm not that sorry! Love ya anyways!