Sunday, August 31, 2003

my internet connection has been crappy lately...and I get it through my apartment complex and they don't seem to care. So, right now it is working for a little bit and then jamming up again and it ends up being slower than dial-up! frustrating to say the least....

And on my "friend" count...the update isn't much. I am pretty much giving up at this point. I don't want to put any more effort into a friendship that I am getting nothing from. I called her over a week ago and asked her to call me back...and so far, no call. I won't pretend that doesn't hurt my feelings....but I think to make it stop constantly being there, I need to let go. She isn't being a friend....and so, I am going to stop referring to her as one. Now, if she calls...I will take the call, but I am not sure if I am still open to speaking to her and working things out. I think that time may have passed. I think at this point, the level of inconsiderateness is overwhelming and I think I deserve better.

Now...I need to look at my social life. I spent a lot of time with this one friend. She was the main friend I hung out with and so now I really need to look at my social life. I have a lot of friends, but I didn't really hang with them as much as I did this other friend. I am going to look to do that a lot more. I think in the end....making some of these changes, I will be much happier. I am sure I will always miss our friendship, but I am going to stop hoping that it is still there....cause it isn't.

Shelley

P.S. I watched that crap TV show on MTV called Newlyweds. It is the reality show for Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. I watched just out of morbid curiousity and my assessment....it is entertaining just because it shows that Jessica Simpson is the most selfish and self-absorbed person I have ever seen. She thinks that her celeb/pampered life is how it is supposed to be...and has no awareness at how lucky she is. She is constantly expecting people to be serving her and to be pampering her.... Her poor husband...and from his reaction (he seems very humble and down to earth)...he seems to think her spoiledness is out of control as well. LOL Good luck to them on their marriage...I couldn't stay married to someone like that!