Wednesday, August 27, 2003

UJ: awesome

I just got back from the Liz Phair show and it was AWESOME! I wasn't a huge fan of her music...meaning that I liked what I heard on the radio, but I didn't own any of her CDs. She rocked, so I am going to pick a few up. And it was in such a nice, small venue and those shows are always awesome.

And we were standing right next to these 2 guys....and when one of them would go to the bar, we would move over and help hold their spot, since once someone moved...the crowd would just take over the space. And...well, from going to a women's college and having a lot of gay friends, I have a pretty accurate gay-dar for a straight chick. So, I sensed that at least one of the two guys might be gay...and they might be a couple. So, as a thank you for holding their place...one of the guys bought us a drink. We were only drinking sodas, so we said ok.

My friend I went with, she has sparkle glitter on her face, chest and arms...and the one guy said how cool it was and he wished she had more so he could put some on. So, my friend gets out her glitter and puts some on him. He said..."ooh, I love being all glittery!" *ding, ding, ding* I think my gay-dar was accurate. Actually, I know it was since I saw him sitting on a guy wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt later in the night. But anyway...they were pretty nice and bought us a few sodas as a thank you for holding their place in the crowd when one of the snuck off to buy a beer.

So...the show rocked! I had the best time and now I should be off to bed....cause I have to be up and at a training at 8am! eeek....

Shelley

P.S. The bassist for Liz Phair was so hot! hummina, hummina, hummina....