Monday, March 03, 2003

UJ: monday, monday.....

Hey there....it's Monday again...yawns....beginning of another week. Last week was calm in some senses and hella busy in others. I worked more hours than I was supposed to and didn't get things done that really needed to be.... but ah, such is life.

Last week things seems quite normal until Tuesday afternoon...my boss...the executive director, she fell on a patch of ice while walking back from a meeting (damn winter!). She thought she was ok....but she was limping pretty bad. I had meetings all Tuesday afternoon and evening....so, I felt bad, but I left and went to the meetings.

I get a call Tuesday evening....that it is worse than we thought. My boss is home for at least two days....which means I am running the ship. It was burdensome in a sense, but also a really nice thing....since I missed the hustle and bustle of downstairs and it also felt great to be able to help someone out in a pinch.

So that was my week....on most days last week, I was awake at about 5am....and I felt it this weekend. I was so exhausted that I ended up falling asleep before 10pm on Friday night. And this weekend, I didn't do anything productive...except going to see 25th Hour (which i might just post about at a later time). And having an event free weekend....maybe it was boring, but it was just what I needed.

Oh...and i almost forgot....yeah! (happy dance)....I am TB free. I got a call from the local health clinic here about a week ago and they said that I was in contact with someone who was exposed to Tuberculosis (TB). It's one of the drawbacks of my job...that there are more illnesses and sicknesses that I come into contact with everyday than most people do in a year.... So, i went down to the clinic and was tested...and yippee....no TB for me! I plan on getting tested every few months....since it is more likely than not that I won't know if I come into contact with somone who has the disease....and I would rather be safe than sorry....especially since if I did have it, I could easily pass it to all the guests here. You see....TB is quite simple to treat...you take meds for a bit and then you are fine, but I can afford these meds....most of the people who are guests here at the community center cannot. So....I wanna look into my own health, but I also want to protect theirs.

Ok, enough about air born diseases, eh?

I hope the world is well for everyone out there....