Sunday, February 09, 2003

UJ: vagina....

Hello! Last night, I went with three wonderful friends to see a production of the Vagina Monologues in Indianapolis. I saw an ad for it and then got an email about it, so i thought it would be a great idea to go. I had seen the play last year....but it is the kind of play that I would see it again and again and again.

So, I emailed some friends to see if they would like to go as well....and then we were off. We had dinner first at this little Chinese food restuarant in Indy. This restaurant is somewhere we went all the time when I was in grad school...cause one of my friends loves it and she and her family often frequent it.

And then on to the show....it was lovely...for a few reasons. One, the play is amazing....it is so funny at points that you don't believe you can laugh any harder. Two....it talks about issues that women have been taught not to talk or even think about. Three...it was sad, quiet and poignant in points. There is one monologue in particular talking about the rape of a women in Kosovo....it was so quiet during that monologue that you could hear a pin drop. And Four....the discussions that we all had on the way up and back to the show. We talked about women's sexuality, our bodies....and just bonded as I believe only women can do.

It was an amazing night....spent with some absolutely wonderful women.