Tuesday, September 16, 2003

My world is conflicted....as soon as I think I make the decision that the east coast is where I should head...that I would be much happier and probably more successful if I was back on the east coast...surrounded by family and friends and probably where I belong. As soon as I think I have made that decision....something changes my mind. And then it is changed right back.

I am just unsure what I want to do....I have a really nice professional reputation here, but I am not sure this is where I need to be. But, I also know that if I stay here...who knows, maybe I could be teaching a class or two in a few years. The community knows me...the university knows me.

But then I think of not getting to see my parents more than once or twice a year. I think about that I haven't seen one of my dearest friends from college in almost 3 years. I think about all the times I have to only connect through email with some of the most important people in my life....and at the same time, my formerly closest friend here in Indiana hasn't returned my phone call in a MONTH.

So...I am still conflicted, but I know that if I saw a job posting on the east coast and it looked promising...I think I would be set to get on a plane and check it out.

Hmm...who knows...

Shelley