Saturday, March 22, 2003

UJ: quotes...

Since this whole "let's flex our muscles and show how strong and important we are" war started...I keep coming across quotes which explain quite clearly how I feel about the war. Sometimes....someone else is the one one who can eloquently explain how you feel about something. So, here is one from one of the most influential women in US History.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?"
—Eleanor Roosevelt

And if I didn't cover this before....let me be clear. I do not support this war...I do not support what we are doing, but I completely support our troops. I wish that they were not being placed in the position that they are, but I hold no hard feelings or grudges towards them. I will welcome home the soldiers when they are finally allowed back with their families....and they will have all my respect. I don't respect those who made the decision to send them into battle....those are the people I am holding accountable for this unnecessary war.

So, when I see signs saying.... "Support Our Troops"...I agree with them. I wholeheartedly support our troops, I just don't support the war. There is a huge difference for me.